Extremegreen MgO has a number of unique quality’s.
Extremegreen MgO magnesium oxide board is a high density structurally reinforced magnesium oxide based sheathing consisting of a proprietary composition of magnesium oxide (MgO) and magnesium chloride (MgCl2) that is reinforced with multiple layers of glass fiber mesh. The sheets are made in various lengths, widths and thicknesses and are used as external sheathing panels, internal wall lining, tile backer board, flooring, sub-flooring, roofing and for the manufacture of Structural Insulated Panels.
8 Reasons to use Extremegreen MgO:
1. Extremegreen MgO is non-combustible – Extremegreen MgO’s principal raw material is magnesium oxide, which is a non-combustible mineral. This means that Extremegreen MgO does not burn. Extremegreen MgO is rated with zero flame spread and zero smoke spread. Furthermore, during a fire event Extremegreen MgO actually releases water that is chemically bound within the board during manufacture, thus keeping the non-combustible surface of the board cool and reducing fire spread.
2. Extremegreen MgO is impervious to water – The structural integrity of a sheet of Extremegreen MgO is not compromised by exposure to water. That is a lot more than can be said for gypsum board and cement board, which almost always has to be replaced after a flood, or even an air conditioning leak. Not only will Extremegreen MgO withstand the worst that nature can throw at it, it will not feed mold or mildew once the flood has subsided. Say goodbye to water damage. Say hello to peace of mind.
3. No more mold or mildew – Unlike many other sheet building products on the market today, Extremegreen MgO does not rot or mold, nor does it feed mildew. You will never find toxic black mold in a sheet of Extremegreen MgO regardless of what you subject it to. The health hazards associated with cement board and gypsum board are only now being realized. Respiratory illness, Asthma, rashes and sick building syndrome are a few of the known problems that people experience when they choose these building products for their home.
4. Zero foodstuff – Simply put, there isn’t anything in a sheet of Extremegreen MgO that gets bugs and pests excited. There is nothing for them to eat, so they simply move on. Extremegreen MgO is one of the few building products on the market today that can claim to be completely termite proof. Not just termites, but any wood boring insect. Give yourself the peace of mind of not having to spray your home for insects, bugs or pests. Rest assured your home will not be being eaten from the inside out.
5. Protect your family, your staff and your customers – Extremegreen MgO contains no toxins whatsoever. No carcinogens such as crystalline silica, no VOCs, no asbestos, none of the other harsh chemicals and bonding agents found in competing building products. Simply put, the magnesium oxide that is used to manufacture extremegreen is all natural. Not only is Extremegreen MgO people safe, it is especially helpful to people with allergies, Asthma or chemical sensitivities. You won’t find any deleterious chemicals or materials in Extremegreen MgO.
6. No toxic dust – Extremegreen MgO is a dream for contractors to work with. It contains no crystalline silica or other carcinogens and is completely toxin free. That makes cutting healthy and safe. Due to it’s mirror like super smooth finish surface you get straight flat walls and level five finishes every time. Plus savings on plaster and paint, as much as 50%. Typically Extremegreen MgO only needs two coats of paint, unlike competing building products that often need three or four.
7. 100% Recyclable – Extremegreen MgO’s principal raw material is magnesium oxide, which is a naturally occurring mineral. The manufacture of Extremegreen MgO does not require the firing of each board to cure it, in fact the exothermic curing reaction takes place naturally and actually absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Because of the organic nature of the product, waste Extremegreen MgO and off-cuts, can be ground up and sprinkled into soil, which then acts as a nutrient.
8. Low energy input – The manufacture of Extremegreen MgO requires a very low energy input when compared to competing sheet building products such as cement board and gypsum board, even plywood and OSB. Not only does it take significantly less energy to manufacture a sheet of Extremegreen, carbon dioxide is actually captured during its exothermic curing process. Do your part to help save the planet. Every little bit helps.